Mental Toughness is a mindset which determines, in some part, how you perform when exposed to stressors, pressure and challenge. It can play a significant role in determining how you manage stress as well as being a key factor in enabling you to perform to the peak of your abilities.
This workshop explores the 4 Cs Model of Mental Toughness (Commitment, Control, Challenge and Confidence) developed at the University of Hull (UK) under the direction of Dr Peter Clough. Dean McManus of Celebrity Teacher is a licensed facilitator of the Mental Toughness Development Program & MTQ48 measure that has grown out of the work of Dr Clough and Doug Strycharczyk.
All participants in this workshop are given a login and password to complete the MTQ48 measure online prior to the workshop. It takes 7-10 minutes to complete. During the workshop participants will receive a report with their results and be given information on how to read it, interpret the results and use it to guide further development work. All reports are written in clear and simple language.
The workshop provides general information on how to understand your results and make meaning from your scores in your teaching context. This is explored through group coaching activities. More comprehensive individual feedback and development work is available through additional coaching packages from Celebrity Teacher.
Time is provided during the workshop for the participant to read their report thoroughly and think about what it says. It is OK to challenge the results as participants consider evidence from their teaching or outside life that supports or contradicts the results.
- Better understand stressors, pressure and challenge
- Deal with stress effectively
- Learn techniques to reduce the effects of stress
- Identify individual strengths and development needs
- Increase personal effectiveness and achieve peak performance
- Create and sustain effective plans to optimise performance and manage stress
What does it cost?
Registration for this workshop is $400 + GST. This includes all catering, a workbook and a report with results and a development plan following the MTQ48 test.
In some locations, this workshop is being offered the day after the Introductory Workshop: Teacher Resilience & Wellbeing. For any participant who wishes to go to both workshops on consecutive days, a discount of $50 applies to this ticket. You will receive a discount code when you book the Introductory Workshop.
Further benefits of completing the MTQ48 and attending Celebrity Teacher’s Mental Toughness Workshop
• Creates understanding of an important concept that takes resilience to a new level
• It is a user friendly model, accessible and meaningful to all – teachers, executives and students
• Presents an opportunity for all to learn and gain insight – whether your overall score is low or high
• It is a practical, no nonsense approach with numerous suggestions for development interventions
UPCOMING MENTAL TOUGHNESS WORKSHOPS
Click on the image for more information